What I Help With
Is it Grief?
- Has a loved one died?
- Are you going through a breakup or divorce?
- Did you lose your job or financial stability?
- Are you mourning your loss of freedom and connection due to Covid restrictions?
- Have you lost your health?
- Is someone you love seriously ill?
- Are you adjusting to an “empty nest”?
- Have you lost a beloved pet?
Grief is the normal process you go through when reacting to a loss. Your loss might be physical (such as a death), social (such as divorce), or occupational (such as a job). Emotional reactions of grief can include anger, guilt, anxiety, sadness, and despair.
Everyone experiences grief, but no two people will express their grief in the same way, and there is no one right way to grieve.
Some common symptoms of grief:
- Extreme Sadness
- Preoccupation with Loss
- Inability to Experience Joy
- Can’t Get Out of Bed
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Changes in Appetite
Grief can come on immediately after a loss event, or it can be tucked away for years, manifesting only when there is time and space to feel it. Grief counseling cannot erase the pain, but it can help you cope with your loss. I offer online therapy sessions, so reach out today.
It’s not always easy to ask for help – yet you’ve taken the first step. The next step…let’s schedule a time to talk so I can hear what’s troubling you and so you can get a good sense of me and if I feel like someone who you can work with.